Things around here have been optimistically negative lately, and I’m here to say it’s time to move on. I’ve had a positive spin on all the “more serious” topics that I’ve shared, and it’s quite obvious to all my loyal readers that I’ve found myself in a wobbly life spot. I know that this has been a time of growth for me, and for that I’m thankful.
Maybe if I just close my eyes everything will turn around on its own.
No such luck. If life worked that way no one would ever appreciate anything. In order to manifest the life I want it’s about time I set some goals. No goals = no direction, no direction = chaos, chaos = sugar binges at 10pm, sugar binges = needing bigger pants, needing bigger pants = spending my traveling fund…and well, you get the idea.
Or I could just vagabond my way around the world…
If we keep talking about things that we don’t like, the energy from our words will keep us stuck. We must actively choose to speak positively and direct our mind in the direction that we want. This is something I must remind myself of often.
Here are my current goals for the next few months.
1. Get my sh*& together with my diet. How I plan to accomplish this: avoiding processed foods/sugar and finding my way back into the kitchen. I feel alive when I’m experimenting with meals.
It’s an ugly process trying to break a sugar addiction, and I’ve found myself deeper in the white powder than I’ve ever been before. The only way out is to go cold turkey, and green – lots of green.
2. Get into a solid groove with running, and watch my time improve naturally. How I plan to accomplish this: accept that I’m starting at square one again, fueling well, and being proud of each run. Even the 2 milers.
3. Finishing strong with school. How I plan to accomplish this: continue doing what I’m doing. I finished my first semester strong and couldn’t be more thrilled. Only one more year.
4. Practice self love. How I plan to accomplish this: STOP TALKING NEGATIVELY. Accept where I am. Move forward. Highlight the positives. Chop off my hair. Run.
5. Grow my own food. How I plan to accomplish this: Self explanatory, but by starting small. I have been growing lettuce in my kitchen window and it’s flourishing!
5. Put my energy into helping others instead of dwelling on stupid things. How I plan to accomplish this: volunteering, staying positive at work, family time, and by finding my inner zen. When we take the focus off ourselves, life becomes much easier.
6. Blog more consistently. How I plan to accomplish this: CONTINUE TO go on EPIC ADVENTURES that are blog worthy. This space is a huge part of my life, and I’ve been somewhat absent lately, but I want to get back into a blog flow.
These goals are realistic and attainable, which is a great place to start.
Q: What’s one of your current goals? Eyes on the prize!