1. Anytime I write a post, I ensure it’s posted on the hour, on the half hour, or if all else fails a time ending in a 5. Minor OCD moments. I also like my radio/TV volume to be on an even number. OK I’m going to stop now.
3. I was happy with the results of my muffins on the first attempt at this recipe which almost never happens. The flavor is mild making it more versatile.
1.5 cups buckwheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe mashed bananas
half a pinch of stevia
1/4 vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Combine all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. In a separate large bowl mix together the bananas and milk. Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet until well combined. Bake at 350F in a greased muffin pan for 16 minutes, after 16 minutes I turned off my oven but left the muffins in the oven for 3 more minutes. Makes 9 muffins.
Note: the mildness of these muffins means they aren’t overly sweet, which makes them the perfect transport vehicle to top with nut butters/jams/coconut oil/pudding/you name it. To make these sweeter simply add some sugar.
4. I’m jazzed to start riding my bike more with nicer weather, but finally realize why when I bought it they suggested I get fenders. I was all like “ppppppffftt fenders schmenders.” Until riding in the rain and getting soggy bottoms and mud everywhere.
5. I tried BBQ jackfruit for the first time – stopppppp. So much yes.
6. Sometimes I unintentionally match my friends.
7. Along with making sure my posts go up on “happy times” I also like my paragraphs to end by filling up the entire line. I don’t like when a new line is created for a couple words. Like this paragraph would have looked without this last sentence.
8. I love Starbucks because they treat me so damn good. As if paying for my college education wasn’t enough, they sent me a pin and a bag of coffee as a congratulations gift. Oh and I have a dank 401K, benefits, stock options…yeah.
9. I alluded to my ASU adventure last March, and it took me nearly another year to finally bite the bullet. What gave me the final push? I abandoned everything medical/nutrition/science based and went for something else. Feels great.
10. Two words: homemade waffles.
I’m just gonna leave that last photo right there for ya.
Q: What’s your confession?