1. I have two more posts about my trip to Ohio, (sheesh Brittany, talk about draaagggging it out) but in an attempt to break up the monotony and ensure other recent happenings don’t get forgotten I’m throwing one of these in the mix.
2. Things like National Coffee Day. You didn’t think I could go without posting something about this did you? My favorite blonde haired coffee master and I got to do a two hour coffee tasting at work where we drank, ate, and laughed with customers.
3. Fall is my favorite time of year, and pumpkin is one of my favorite vegetables. After consuming an entire can I quickly realized I am not one of pumpkins favorite humans. I could have floated to the moon with all the air trapped in my belly.
5. I also ate an entire jar of Costco sized PB, because clearly that was a smart thing to do. My skin disagrees, and thanks to the new planets discovered by NASA on my face I won’t be eating nuts for a bit. The body doesn’t lie folks, skin rebellion is REAL!
6. Solo hiking to soak up the change in season.
7. I’m using the coin counter app again to keep track of the change I find. I want to see how long it takes me to pay off my new running shoes. Most of the $$ I find is while running, so it feels like the right thing to do.
9. I’m going to climb Mount St. Helens on October 17th and I am so excited.
10. 100 mile September didn’t happen. Right before my trip to Ohio I lost all desire to run so I skipped a day. While in Ohio I ran 12 happy and free miles, but when I returned home the motivation escaped me again. I honored my lack of motivation and 100 miles turned into something like 75 miles. Not at all upset about it.
With that said, I stayed true to my goal of trying to break into the 8 min mile range. I’ve never run for speed, and tend to coast in my comfort zone, but I decided it was time to push my boundaries a bit and I successfully ran 3.5 miles at an 8:41 pace.
Q: What’s your confession?