1. I ran my first 5K race since 2012. I run the 5K distance all the time, but I once told myself it was a waste of money to pay for one as a race. Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2016 – I ate those words because just the thought of a 10K winded me.
2. My pre race meal consisted of an entire package of tofu. I don’t recommend that, the GI struggle was so real.
3. Thanksgiving was all kinds of marvelous. My angelic mother and I made a raw pumpkin pie that is so decadent I’m still nursing it five days later. Who lets pie last five days!?
4. Christmas music has been playing in my car since before Thanksgiving. I have no shame.
5. I’m on a solid whole foods kick and loving it. I’ve been trying to ditch terrible eating habits for months now.
6. I’ve been tearing though cruciferous vegetables and jars of peanut butter. That combo is enough to do some damage to the ozone layer due to all the methane I’ve produced.
7. I worked on black Friday, which is fine by me. I don’t partake in the shopping madness and already had three days in a row off. It was bizarre being in such a large building with so few people. The 8th floor cafe was closed and I had the entire lobby to myself.
8. I’ve dipped my toes back in to the rivers of coffee. I limit my intake to no more than 10 oz, and water it down significantly, but I’m thrilled to be slowly drinking it again after months away.
9. I continue to be charmed by the holiday vibes of the workplace. Thanks for being awesome Starbucks.
10. I’ve been indulging in “self care” lately. By that I mean I’ve been getting massages twice a month because it makes me happy. I even went as far as getting a pedicure with a girlfriend last weekend. I don’t get pedicures…but I wear sandals year round and my feet were looking pretty rough.
The last time I got a pedicure was April of 2012. You can read my experience here. I don’t dare get a mani/pedi combo EVER again.
Q: What’s your confession?