1. I’m going to Ireland in just over two months, and I’m anxious about driving. I am committed to learning how to properly read a map, but please have mercy on my soul if you see me on the wrong side of the road. #forgivemeimamerican
2. I recently changed my work schedule so that I only have to go into the city two days a week. That gives me five days to do other things like wander the supermarket and read with second graders. Oh and school, lot’s of school.
3. Twice a week I give my cat subcutaneous fluids for kidney disease. I’d rather work an extra 15 hour day (these are how long my work days are) than do this. Ever. I hate it every time.
4. I haven’t washed my hair in over three weeks. This is the longest I’ve ever gone without slathering toxic chemicals into my palms and rubbing them all over my scalp. I love having short hair, I’m on a quest to see how long I can go. The longer I go without shampoo the better it holds/looks.
5. I also don’t wear deodorant. Haven’t for a while. In lieu of the smell covering spread I used baking soda. I stick my fingers in the crack like powder and then pat the pits. Works like a charm. Usually. My cats don’t seem to notice. #singlelife
6. Since I’m on a roll here with natural care talk I also skip out on toothpaste. Instead I use a drop of peppermint or wintergreen essential oil. My teeth never feel this clean with toothpaste. Currently using wintergreen.
7. I experimented with a new way of washing my shirts. I let them soak in cold water for a couple days. That’s it. I’ve not yet tested this for workout clothes because those contain an entirely different beast in their fibers (no deodorant remember?), but everyday items are refreshed with just a soak!
8. This stuff is like crack for my skin.
9. I’ve come to terms with the fact I may never love running, but what I do love is the way it makes me feel. This helps me do it more often even if just for 20 minutes. The sweat sesh and serotonin boost is much needed.
10. I’ve decided it’s time for me to take a break from blogging. I don’t know for how long, I just know it feels right to step away for a bit. I presume when the sun comes out full time and I find myself in the mountains this summer I’ll be excited to share my adventures.
Until then, you can find me here. ❤
Q: What’s your confession?