1. I finished. I’m done. I have a (debt free) bachelors of science in communication. I’m no longer a super, super, super, super senior!! The last two years have been dedicated to (finally) finishing college, but it hasn’t fully sunk in yet. #thanksstarbucks.
2. My final week of college didn’t come without its trials. My laptop died the week I had a huge project due, and my final. Like 100% dead. It wouldn’t have been a big deal, but I needed multiple programs that were downloaded on that laptop. I ugly cried multiple times for the first time since I was in a relationship. #thisiswhyimsingle.
3. Everything happens for a reason, and since my laptop died before I was finished with college, I was able to use my college fund to buy a new laptop. A MacBook Pro to be exact. She is sexy as hell, but gave me mad anxiety when purchasing. Even though it was not my money being spent, I’m as frugal as they come and I got stress sweats from spending $2k on a laptop. #thanksmomanddad.
4. This is my last week working for Starbucks. #allthefeels.
5. I went for three hikes last week. The third hike hurt and I felt like I was in the earthly version of hell. I think three was too much for my body, but the views were all stellar. #outofshape.
6. I cried on the third hike for a solid two seconds before I told myself to get over it. Sometimes my mind (my ego) wants to do things my body can’t do. On that day my body could barely put one foot in front of the other. #humbled.
7. I tiptoed through the tulips for the second year in a row. Except this year the tulip fields were drowned by excessive rain and mud, so we drove around and found our own tulips to view from afar. #fofree
8. I’ve been in a reaaalllyy good place with my physical health the last little while. I’ve been eating extremely high fat and low carb, including quality grass fed meats and my body is HUMMMINNGG with clarity. Basically meats, vegetables, and fats are what I’ve been eating. When you listen to your body, it rewards you. #everyBODYisdifferent.
9. It was Hades hot in Washington last week. Most of us up north do not have AC, myself included, so when it’s above 75 I FEEEEEL it. I would have sold my first born child for a dip in Lake Crescent. #ioverheatQUICK
10. I’m happy to report I only had to return one pair of shoes to REI before finding the right ones. Against my better judgement I tried out a pair of hiking shoes that were ankle high. I took them on hike one last week, and it was immediate regret. So I took them back and got the same shoe….low top. #stickwithwhatyouknow.
Q: What’s your confession?
46 thoughts on “Early Morning Confessions”
Congratulations, Ms Graduate!
Amazing photos of your hiking trips. I love hiking, but sometimes when it gets challenging I think it’s often more of a struggle in the mind rather than physical. I think part of why it can be so rewarding is due to the mental aspect of it all. Loving your blog, and congratulations on your bachelors!
I totally agree with the mindset thing, but ironically for me it’s sometimes it the opposite! I’m healing from an autoimmune disease so I struggle with fatigue, and flare ups sometimes knock me down! But I always get back up. 🤗
Well that’s the main thing! 🙂
How do you know the hike is too much until you do it? Go ahead and push your limits. And after you overdo it, take a warm bath or a nap in a hammock.
And congrats again.
Ha, valid point! Thank you!
Congrats, Brittany! Now you can move on with your life. Haha! 😉
congratulations on the degree! And the fact that it is debt free!! but I’m curious… is Starbucks okay with you quitting them shortly after getting a degree with them?
Yup! There were no strings attached to the degree. I’ve been with them for five years, so I’ve put in my time. They hope you stay, but it’s not required!
That’s awesome. Congrats again! Soooo what’s next?
Spending my summer at Yellowstone National Park, traveling to Europe, and then figuring out the next move. 🙂
sounds PERFECT. Say hi to the buffulo.
HAH, I will!!
So So Soooooooooooooooooo proud you….. and you haven’t shown me your new apron yet…hahahaha…now your tassel matches mine and your dads….yay….
beautiful hiking pix! congrats on being DEBT FREE and the graduation! : D
Thank you! Going into debt was never an option for me, so college took longer than normal haha.
GOOD FOR YOU! Wish I could give this advice to myself 15 years ago 😉
Congratulations Brittany! I m so proud of you. I knew you could do it. Way to go!
Congratulations! (Especially on the debt free part.) What beautiful pictures. Oh, to be young, graduated, and debt free. I’d travel the world.
Thank you! That’s the next plan. 😉
Congrats, Brittany!!! : ) Also congrats on the way of eating you have adopted (high fats, mod protein and low carb) I feel a thousand times better since doing the same since January. Less inflammatory! Too much energy though, in the morning I bound out of bed with a rush. Ugh. And that is before coffee. Those hiking photos are amazing I can’t believe YOU were sore on day three You, hiking queen. Had I been there I would have told you to leave me to die, my legs would have no longer worked. The 70-somethings would have had to carry me out. 😉 Again congrats and REALLY congrats are soon-to-quit Starbucks.
I’m still waiting on the boundless energy part, but when I could FEEL the inflammation going down I was sold. I don’t drink coffee so I’m excited for the day my energy picks up a bit more. I actually wasn’t sore from these hikes ironically, I just couldn’t get a groove on the actual hike!! My body was like NOPE. HA. Thank you!
The future’s all yours!
Yahoo!!! Thank you.
Congratulations on the many things you have accomplished. I wish you all the best in everything.
Thank you! 🙏🏻❤️
Congratulations Britt! I am so freaking happy for you. You did it!!!!
Also humbling experiences can be good. We all need to be humbled from time to time so we can change, adapt and learn.
The pictures from hike three are stunning.
Thank you love! ❤️❤️❤️
What is it with old men who can hike longer and at higher altitudes than us youngsters?? I don’t get it! And…… Congratulations on your graduation!! -Kat
You did the damn thing!! YOU GO GLEN COCO. Also, I wish I could hike with you every day. That is all ❤
METOO! I can’t wait until one day that dream becomes a reality. Maybe not daily, but at least ONE HIKE TOGETHER!
Congrats on graduating!!! Ughhh and I feel ya on the whole heat thing. I overheat so quickly especially at night D:
Thank you!!! I have to sleep with my window WIDE open!
So incredibly proud of and happy for you! for the graduation, for the hikes and the self love! You are an amazing individual and I can’t wait to see what comes next.
P.S. The pics from hike 3 are killing me…so much green AND water?!?!?!
Thank you Josh!!! Your continued support always means the world. Hike three was crazy beautiful, the views were unreal!
WAY TO GO!! CONGRATS w/ being DONE w/ school!! YAY for new laptops – mine just took a crap last month too – I feel your pain of spending that much $, but it had to be done! 🙂 Confession – I just spent a shit ton on a new bike that I did not need/ also haven ridden at all yet…. it was purple and I did get a pretty good deal compared to the ACTUAL cost….but I am scared to ride it and get it dirty or scratched – LOL
Ha! I’d be scared to ride it too. 🙈
Loved reading your “confessions” and totally agree about listening to your body. Thank you for liking my blog and congratulations on graduating.