1. Pumpkins. Orange. Brown. Leaves. Scarecrows. Sweet Potatoes. Baked Apples. Yellow.
FALL, FALL, FALL.
2. I haven’t gone hiking in almost three weeks. WHAAAAT!?
3. I have been drinking coffee in mugs made for the mountains though.
4. Instead I’ve been running, and walking, and…working. T-minus 17 days until half time.
5. I went to visit a friend last weekend and she told me she signed up for her first 5K. After I expressed pure joy by running up the side of a building, she asked if we could go practice run.
UHH yes!? I didn’t even care that I wasn’t wearing proper shoes.
I don’t advise running 3miles in TEVA’s.
6. I’ve been doing 90% of my half marathon training in my Vibram Five Fingers. I’ve had the same pair for over five years, and they are fantastic.
7. This made me insanely excited for Thanksgiving. It also made me wonder why I don’t have something like a sloth or wildebeest as my mailbox. I should rectify this.
8. I went an entire week without treats. I plan to try a new experiment where I only have treats once a week, but if you see me on the news it’s because mentally I didn’t make it.
9. I’m running out of things to share, so I will mention how delightful my first official fall weather run was. I went out for 5 mi, but ended up running 8 mi. Crisp air and yellow leaves are magical.
10. I haven’t worn deodorant (and by this I mean I haven’t slapped baking soda under my arms because this is what I do for “deodorant”) in two weeks. I hope I haven’t been walking around with a green aura spewing from my body. I only had to reshower once. Win.
Q: What’s your confession?