1. Can’t stop won’t stop with the rice cake/nut butter/epic topping combo. These two were pre hike fuel, and by that I mean I ate these before eating another ten pounds of food on my drive to the mtn.
2. One of the recent search terms that brought someone to my blog from The Google was the word “shanked.” Yup, sounds about right.
3. Those blackberries pictured above? They were free. I walked about a mile to find some bushes and filled a bowl up. Food tastes better when it’s free AND when you work for it.
4. Every time I incorporate certain kinds of gluten back into my diet I swell up like a puffer fish. The puffiness lasts a couple days, and it’s annoying because WHO can avoid cupcakes – come on man!
5. My coworker and I finished part of our Coffee Master project. It’s a giant board of knowledge. I feel like a proud mama.
6. The amount of sweat I’ve been producing on my runs lately is probably enough to fill a child size swimming pool. So.Hot.Outside.
7. This breakfast bowl. My face was rocked so hard.
…and this dinner bowl…really just this bowl. It delivers good things.
8. I found this style of Teva’s at Nordstrom Rack for $30 off original price. Basically I felt like a boss, and they are my new obsession.
9. My cat is a model.
10. I’ve been getting inquiries about what I’m going back to school for, and since I’ve been lazy about writing a post on that topic I’ll give you the Cliffs Notes version: Holistic Nutrition through Bastyr University. Bastyr is a natural health college in Seattle and the program will be a bit different than your standard nutrition program.
I’m thinking about going for the B.S. in nutrition and culinary arts to open more doors for the future, and because it just sounds like a blast. This college has a huge focus on whole foods and how they affect the human body. Totally my speed, totally crunchy granola.
If you’ve read my blog for a while you’ll know I was going for dental hygiene in the past, which thankfully is paying off because most of my prerequisite classes for that program transfer over to the nutrition degree. I do have four prerequisites needed still which I am working on now. Long story short that’s what I’m up to!
More on that later…perhaps.
Q: What’s your confession?