1. I leave for Ireland tomorrow, so this post will be extra scatterbrained. You’re welcome, and yes, I am so beyond excited. No words can describe the dance going on in my stomach.
2. I bought myself a new travel pack for the trip, because I will be carrying all my things on my back. By “my things” I mean enough Larabars for a buffalo and three outfits. And my Sonicare. Basically my bag will probably be too big for my minimalist travel.
3. In my 28 years of life I had never been to an official concert. I have been to the symphony twice to see my boyfriend play, but I’m not sure that counts. This changed last week with an impromptu trip to see Mercy Me. Oh.My.Gosh. What have I been missing all my life!?
4. At said concert I felt my soul come alive when a room full of strangers came together as one with similar life struggles. Oh the beauty of a christian concert.
5. When I was 18 I got an impulsive tattoo on my wrist that was poorly done. Last Thursday I got an impulsive tattoo on my wrist to cover up the old one. It turned out much better. Moral of the story: being impulsive with a permanent decision has 50/50 odds.
6. When I was a child my sole purpose for life was to sing and dance with my best friends Bert and Ernie. I finally found how to get, how to get to Sesame Street.
7. I quit coffee. Again. But this time I actually wanted to. The withdrawal headaches were so real, and enough to ensure I made the right move. My adrenals are shot, and overall I feel very flat when I drink it. I also get more tired later on when I have coffee, so BYE FELICIA! Healing my body from the inside out.
8. I saw this gem a couple weekends ago when she came to Seattle. Blog friends are the best of friends. Aside from Bert and Ernie.
9. My mom, sister, and I went to a Joyce Meyer conference this weekend, and for dinner we went to Whole Foods. We spent $60 on three bowls from the hot bar. What even…Whole Paycheck indeed.
10. I’m out. Follow my Ireland adventures on my Instagram. If the stars align just right I won’t be coming back. 😉
Q: What’s your confession?
60 thoughts on “Early Morning Confessions”
Liz Husebye Hartmann
Happy trails and the Luck of the Irish to you!
Thank you! 🙏🏻🍀
Josie @ Literature Mistress
Confession: I’ve never been to Ireland either! Although I live far closer to the little green Island than you do and I spent my year abroad in England, which is of course EVEN closer, and some of my family lives there, it hasn’t happened so far. Guess I’ll have to change that pretty soon, it’s really unacceptable!
Looking forward to your posts and updates! Have a safe trip. =)
Perhaps my trip will inspire you to visit! 😝
Do you were Bert and Ernie come from? They are comic relief characters in “It’s a Wonderful Life.” They serenade the newly wed Baileys in the pouring rain.
I don’t confess. If you want t know my secrets and regrets you’ll have to ply me with drink.
Have a blast. That place is crawling with my ancestors!
Ohh this is true! I love that movie, good call out. Haha, smart man to keep your secrets close.
I’ve never been to a concert either!…or Ireland and I’m 25! Someday I will though. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
You have plenty of time to travel AND to go to a concert. I thought concerts were overrated, but man I was wrong!
Have an awesome trip. Enjoy, experience and truly live.
Thank you! I’m so ready to live. 🙏🏻
Britt, you already live. You lover of nature definitely already live. Now, traveling, you get to LIVE!
I love it 😝 I’m so excited!
Thank you! 🙏🏻
I was just going to wish bon voyage, knowing you’d be taking off tomorrow. But then, I had a feeling you’d be doing a post before you leave. Hehe. I don’t even have to say have fun because I KNOW you will! 😉 I wish you good weather instead because in Ireland you’ll never know what you’re going to get with their episodic weather.
I know their weather is very similar to Washington, so I think I’ll be ok! The first few days have sun on the forecast. Yahoooo! 🍀❤
Rachael @ Catch Me If You Can
IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Ireland will be so much fun!!! Christian concerts are pure magic so awesome you got to go see Mercy Me. I’ve never seen them but I’ve heard great things.
Oh my gosh, they were fantastic. Made staying up nearly 24 hours worth it. 😅
Have a fantastic adventure!
Thank you! 🍀🙏🏻
What a fun life you have!! Can’t wait to hear all about your trip😁😁
I can’t wait to share! ❤
I’ve read most of Joyce’s books…simply because I LOVE HER VOICE ❤ ❤ ❤ I bet seeing her live was awesome!
It was! She’s great. 🙌🏻🙏🏻
Christina Does It All
Ahhhh Ireland is incredible, I’m so excited for you!
Travel safely and have fun friend!
My confession: I’m pretty sure my first ever concert was Weird Al. Like a Surgeon baby!
If you can find a way not to come back, well our loss but yay for you!
Oh wow, what a first concert. I was first exposed to Weird Al in elementary school. Such a legend.
An Unrefined Vegan
Oh my gosh have a wonderful, glorious trip!! Looking forward to hearing about it. Like you, I am NEVER more than a few feet away from a Larabar (or four) nor my Sonicare which I love like “one of my own.” Because if you eat Larabars, you definitely need a Sonicare :-)! Be safe, have fun and soak it all in. xoxo
HAHAA, so true! Snacks and clean teeth.
kathy @ more coffee, less talky
i’ve heard that giving your adrenals a break from coffee once in a while is good. i tried that and switched to tea but nope, couldn’t do it 😦
I’m desperate because feeling like shit everyday gets old, so caffeine and I are not on good terms. Ha! It’s crazy, I don’t miss it at all because my mind is focused on healing. Finally. 😂🖖🏻
Have SO MUCH FUN in Ireland!!! My confession is that I’ve been drinking decaf coffee for the past 4 months…
Nice!!! I wish decaf worked for me, maybe one day!
No coffee equals more room for Irish beer….
Only three outfits….my God woman! You are impressive. I pack at least three pairs of shoes for a weekend. 🙂
Ok…so as I’m packing I have like three pants and six tops. So, close. I have tennis shoes and sandals. 🍀
Mercy Me is such a great band! They’re one of the only Christian groups I still listen to because they’re just. that. good.
My confession is that I gave serious thought to going on a coffee detox a few months ago, but eventually decided I love it too much. Maybe someday.
I love it too, but my body says no mas. Mentally it’s finally easy to make the decision to say no. I’m even avoiding chocolate (who am I!?)
Also, I am giving you endless kudos for quitting coffee. My confession is that I would rather die than join you in that. xo
I feel like I’m dying 99% of the days, so desperation takes over eventually! Haha. ❤🍀🍀❤
Kajsa's and Cecilia's world.
Confession I like animals more than humans. One more confession I’ve never been into coffee!
Animals win over humans every day! I bet your body thanks you for the limited caffeine. Haha.
Enjoy Ireland, it’s a great country. I hiked the Wicklow Way a few years back – great scenery. Galway and the Connemara are beautiful, Dublin is mad but great. Be prepared to drink lots of Guinness, try a Boxty, enjoy the craic and expect conversations like:
“How to I get to X?”
“If I was going to X I wouldn’t start from here”
Dublin IS mad! Oh my! Loved it, but glad to be getting away from the city.
It certainly is! Where did you get to once you escaped?
Northern Ireland, then to Galway, then to Port Magee, then to Cork, then Clonmel, and back to Dublin! With many day trips in between. ❤
Sounds excellent. I love Galway especially.
SAME. It stole so much of my heart omg.
I love Mercy Me! I’ve seen them in concert a couple of times and they are so great every time! So glad you got to see them!!
I want to see your new tattoo!
And HAVE SO MUCH FUN in Ireland!!!!
They were so fantastic! I’ll prob post a photo of the tattoo soon!
I’ve been thinking about you and your Ireland trip! What a dream come true! I hope it is so, so awesome!
Also, yay for blog friends and new backpacks!
Yahoo! This trip HAS been a dream come true. ❤
HAVE A GREAT TIME. Looking forward to some post-trip blog posts! -Kat
This trip. Is the best. Ever.
Have a great trip! Man, I really want to visit Sesame Street!!!
Hope the trip’s been good! Look forward to hearing and seeing more about it.
It was absolutely amazing. More than I anticipated.
LOL I’m reading this post wayyyy late, but I don’t want to skip any of your posts!