1. This post is being written because I feel like writing, yet don’t have anything of substance or structure to share. Story of my life.
2. I got sick last week out of no where, and took three days off from running. I then lost all my morals and ate whatever the hell I wanted, because that’s obviously how you get better. The upside of it all was when I got back on track with running my pace had unexpectedly improved.
3. Remember that time I talked about going to ASU through Starbucks? Yea, that ship sailed, was re-boarded, and then sailed again. I changed majors and have everything set up whenever I decided to bite that bullet. What I know for sure is I WILL have my degree finished before my 80th birthday.
4. I still have the recipe for a delicious pie hanging out in my draft bin. Perhaps I need to share that. I ate the entire thing in like 3 days.
5. I haven’t run a race in…ALMOST A YEAR!? I’m kind of in shock about that, but I haven’t had a desire to train for a half marathon, and haven’t found a 10K that aligns with my schedule. Anything less than a 10K I don’t like to pay for. Running has been very zen for me lately with no strict schedule, and I like it that way.
6. Ever had cassava flour? It’s different, good, but different. It’s a great option for anyone that can’t have most traditional flours. It’s made from a root vegetable, so basically it’s friendly for all. I made pumpkin bread, and brownies from it and then proceeded to eat all of both.
7. These next few months, are travel months. I’m going to Ohio in September to see Meghan, LA in October to see my twin, and Arizona in December to see my family. To ensure I am living life on my terms, this is a must.
8. Once upon a a time I had a dream to run my first half marathon at Disneyland. I made this a reality, and it was absolutely magical. My next dream was to go to Disneyland for Halloween, because Halloween is my favorite. My trip in October is MAKING THIS DREAM COME TRUE.
9. Starting today…I am going to try my damnedest to stay away from added sugars. That toxin is EVERYWHERE and I am straight addicted. Fruit is the only exception. Wish me luck, detox is an ugly beast.
10. I’m currently drinking a
cup French press of my favorite coffee, which is calming my soul about ditching sugar. On the flip side, I’m thinking about how well a piece of dark chocolate would pair with this. Thank God for raw cacao.
Q: What’s your confession?