1. I often struggle with the idea of being still. A day off from work usually means I must do something productive, find a mountain to climb, or even embark on an unplanned long run. Heaven forbid I actually use the day off to relax.
2. Thanks to an overwhelming urge to bake, I took one of my days off last week and enjoyed the simplicity of a calm morning with good coffee and freshly baked muffins.
3. Despite being sweetened with nothing but the natural goodness of dates, apples, and sweet potatoes, I ate half the batch for breakfast which left me maxed out for bread consumption. This meant getting creative with snacks.
4. My coworkers are seriously the best. I’ve never worked at a place where there is literally ZERO drama and it’s fantastic. When our bananas get “too brown to sell” they save me giant piles to take home because they know I love alllllll the bananas.
5. For St. Patrick’s Day I ate all the greens. That’s actually a semi lie, I always eat all the greens, regardless of small men in green tights.
6. As I write this post my cat is practicing his stair sprints. He’s fast, and I’m impressed.
7. I was convinced there was a pine cone hanging from my tree by naturally occurring circumstances. When I got closer I realized it was hung by man. Dreams shattered.
8. I didn’t run a half marathon I was registered for. I skipped it for a few reasons, one being that I didn’t want this to happen again. I got sick, stopped running, and despite training for two months I felt wildly unprepared. I had no regrets.
9. I’ve been craving pizza so hard lately, and Pi day was THE day.
My crust was a total random mash up of two zucchinis, gluten free flour, baking powder, olive oil, and salt. My sauce was blended edamame, kale, garlic, basil, olive oil, and pepper. Topped with none other than my favorite roasted root vegetables.
Finished with sprinkles of rosemary from my garden.
Jessica! Email me at email@example.com so I can get your deets.
Q: What’s your confession?