– 1989: Shot into the world, or “birthed.”
– 1991: Stepped on a giant slug, proceeding to give me a life long phobia. Real talk.
– 1992: Had the best hair I’ll ever have, this cannot be repeated.
– 1997: Became the coolest kid on the block with my authentic Japanese Pokemon cards. Thank you dad for living in Japan and sending me this gold.
– 2000: Hit puberty, tried to fight it by wearing the same soccer shorts and Old Navy tech vest…everyday. This lost me my title of coolest kid on the block.
I also had a hair cut like this for years…thanks mom.
– 2004: Introduced myself to coffee at the orthodontist (totally ironic.) Put enough cream and sugar in my cup to give five people diabetes for life.
– 2005: Got braces. This sparked my fascination of teeth.
– 2007: Became a carbotarian by giving up meat, but eating all things bread and chips.
– 2009: Got a job at a smoothie shop and found my love for veggies, and wheat grass.
– 2011: Started this blog, ran my first race, unleashed the (slow as molasses) beast, got a job at Trader Joe’s, and met a boy.
– 2012: Gave up all animal products, and perfected the art of roasted vegetables. Ran my first half marathon through the happiest place on earth.
– 2012: Sparked my insatiable appetite for cupcakes.
– 2013: Had a life changing breakup with aforementioned boy, which taught me peace, patience, and balance. I’m now very (possibly too) comfortable being alone.
– 2013: Got a job at Starbucks. Cracked out on coffee even more than at the orthodontist when I was 15. Discovered a new passion for the bean.
– 2014: Fell in love with the mountains and with my life, despite my always changing path. Learned that change is constant and adaptation is key.
– Yesterday: Reminded myself why I never wear LOOSE fitting cotton bottoms while running. Everything moves. Everything.
Q: What was a memorable moment in time for you?