1. I have fallen in love with smoothie bowls. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
2. One of my regular customers came in without his wallet last week. I told him breakfast was on me and not to worry about it (the perks of being a regular.) He insisted he would come back to pay, and sure enough he did. Along with paying for his coffee and lemon loaf he proceeded to buy a $20 gift card, and then gifted it to me. Humanity can be wonderful.
3. I also channeled my inner Pocahontas last week and canoed myself just around the river bend.
Or Lake Washington, same thing.
4. I’m done with school for one month. I walked away from my summer biology class with a 4.0.
5. On Saturday I hiked Mailbox Peak again. I didn’t even wait a full 30 days before going back. It was even more brutal the second time. I won’t be hiking this one again for a while.
6. The day after the hike (yesterday) I had a Sunday long run. Ouch.
7. Roasted cabbage….that is all.
9. Speaking of balls…I’ve become obsessed with coffee tastings and parings. Like, it’s all I think about when I’m not thinking about running, eating, or breathing. Nothing says fall like Starbucks annual Anniversary Blend. I wanted to do a tasting to highlight the spice notes along with some maple and pumpkin oat flavors. So I made some Maple Pumpkin Pie Oat Bites.
Maple Pumpkin Pie Oat Bites
- 1 cup + 1 heaping tblsp uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tblsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- heaping tblsp raw pumpkin seeds
- In a medium sized bowl combine oats, ground flax, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stir in your remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into approximately 1 inch sized balls. Makes 10-12 bites.
- Store in air tight container.
10. I then proceeded to bring these to work to have a coffee tasting with some of my coworkers.
It was a fun time.
Q: What’s your confession?