Remember this post I posted a few weeks ago, when I attempted to make some fudge? I ended that post with a simple request: please share with me a delicious vegan fudge recipe. Well, my request was granted by the fabulous Brandi over at The Vegan 8.
I’ve been in love with Brandi’s blog for a while now, but never attempted any of her recipes despite how amazing they all look! Simple, but delicious recipes with 8 ingredients or less? Count me in. Brandi shared with me her 3 ingredient fudge recipe, and while this recipe looked perfect as it was, I decided it needed one more ingredient.
Vegan Coffee Fudge
- 1 heaping cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup solidified coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tblsp fresh ground UN-brewed coffee beans*
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
*Make sure your coffee is not only freshly ground, but also freshly purchased. Old coffee has minimal flavor.
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and set aside. The dimensions will depend on how thick/wide you want your fudge. I used an 8×6 pan, because that’s what I had.
- Using a double boiler melt your chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Then stir in the coconut butter, vanilla, and 1 tblsp ground coffee. Stir until melted and well combined.
- Pour mixture into your pan, and smooth out with a spatula. Mix your remaining ground coffee with some sea salt (about 1 tsp, depending on how salty you like things) and sprinkle generously on top of the fudge mixture.
- Place into your fridge to set for a couple hours. Or if you’re impatient like I am, place into the freezer for less wait time.
- When ready to consume, set out on your counter to soften for about 30 minutes.
These…are…unreal. SO epic and delicious. I am amazed. I ate enough coffee fudge to power me through a non stop spin class, and that class justified every bite I took. If you are looking for an easy vegan fudge, make these. You won’t be able to stop with just one.
Q: Coffee flavored treats yay or nay? Ohhh HELL yay!