My soul feels rejuvenated after a full day of amazing eats, and even better company. You know your day is going to be great when it starts out with a view like this.
Vegan cupcakes galore at my favorite bakery. I behaved and ate brunch before I got a cupcake, although my meal was more of a snack/treat.
Corn cakes with the most amazing vegan cream sauce and fresh berries. I cannot wait to go back and get a real meal. Any excuse to get more cupcakes…and a ginger molasses cookie.
After a walk, skip, and a jump it was already time for lunch/another snack before dinner. The last time I had a legit vegan pizza was almost three months ago. Vegan pizza by the slice? YES, sign me up. The only thing missing from this pizza was potatoes.
I don’t think they could have squeezed anything else on there if they tried. This slice gave me just enough energy to partake in some shopping, and some berry picking.
I need pie…now. OK OK, now for my favorite meal of the day..summer is almost over and I had yet to make burgers. Better late than never right!?
Black Bean Sweet Potato Burgers
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 med/large cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 6 tblsp rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375F, once you finish cooking your quinoa and sweet potato.
- Mash half of the beans in a bowl until paste-like.
- Add in the rest of the beans and give a very light stir/mash to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mash the sweet tater, but you don’t want it creamy.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, cayenne, and olive oil, until combined.
- Mix in the onion, garlic, corn, black beans, quinoa, and ground oats, until just combined.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Form into balls, between your hands and flatten into 1/2”-3/4” thick patties. This should make 8 medium/large patties.
- Place on a pan lined with parchment paper [or lightly greased pan] and bake on each side for 15min, flipping once, half-way through. Finish and serve!
I topped mine with tomato, roasted red pepper, avocado, swiss chard, and BBQ sauce. As always I make my burgers and sandwiches so tall I can barely fit my mouth around them.
Oh and I saved the best for last..somehow I managed to save the cupcake I got at brunch for after dinner. Seven hours after purchase I sunk my teeth into the most gorgeous sight.
Q: What does it take for you to recharge after a long week? Good food, and great company did it for me this week!