Well. Although I’ve been home from Ireland for over a month now, ya’ll have no idea what I’ve been up to eh? I wanted to knock out all the Ireland recaps (to keep them in order #OCD) before adjusting back to real life. Real life isn’t nearly as exciting, but I’ll do my best to conjure up a readable post.
- First and foremost, I said the most difficult goodbye of my entire life.
There are literally no words to describe the magnitude of pain that takes hold of your entire being when you loose a pet. My beautiful kidney disease fighting cat made it 20 long years. I miss him everyday. He is running free in the sky and his legacy lives on forever. Seriously…his hair will be sure of that.
- I‘ve gone on a handful of hikes. I made a summer goal to hike at least once a week. This isn’t usually too difficult for me.
- I worked. And made more changes in regards to work. Always changing.
- I spent alone time at the beach. Working on this whole processing emotions thing without using my drugs of choice (sugar and caffeine.)
- I spent the 3rd & 4th of July being extra social. It was good for my soul.
- I started running again. Sorta. I can only manage 2-3 miles and my pace is slow as molasses. But it’s a start.
- I solidified plans for my next adventure. September can’t come soon enough. Any guesses?
- I started school again. Nine more months people. Nine.More.Months.
Q: American friends, how’d you spend your 4th? Non American friends, who wants to let me crash on their couch so I can travel to your country? I’m a very tidy house guest and I’ll give you an excuse to tour your area. It’s a win win. Actually this goes for my American friends too. 😉