1. Wow. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve done one of these confession posts. I was looking through old blogs I’d written, and reminded myself how much I enjoy these. I also reminded myself of a lot of things, like how I used to live my life without restrictions. Change is hardest when you don’t have a choice.
2. My favorite thing about Bavaria in the summer is all the cows on the trails. I want one.
3. I enjoy riding my bike, but sometimes I honestly wish I had my car. After a long day and a long week at work, the last thing I want to do is bike to get groceries. It’s exhausting.
4. I’ve found myself in a funk the last couple weeks. Could have been the revisiting of old blogs, or the physical exhaustion, I’ve just been admittedly down about my food restrictions. I know acceptance is the key to happiness, but some days I’m just O-V-E-R it.
5. I love living in Germany, but I’m burned out with my job.
6. I bought a dirndl and wore it out in public, but I was extremely uncomfortable in it for the first hour. I typically hide my body in loose clothing, so this was hard for me.
7. I got my haircut by a woman that didn’t speak english, but we made it work. I then botched it by cutting more myself. I will never learn.
8. A little while back I went for an after work hike on a mountain called the Eckbauer. The weather was perfect when we started, but by the time we hit the summit the thunder and lightening hit and my anxiety reared up like a horse that saw a snake.
I don’t like being in situations where I have no control (who does) and this made me nervous. Be that as it may, I still had a great time with the two girls I was with, and the mountains were gorgeously moody.
9. I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing that the highlight of my week was officially becoming a regular at the German shop I buy roasted chicken from.
10. When my dad and step mom visited from the States last month, we spent their last day in Munich. We took a five hour bike tour which was fantastic, and I had a small crush on our tour guide. He wasn’t overly attractive, but he was from Ireland and all he had to do was speak. It was game over after his first word.
I love the Irish accent so much, I still found him attractive after I saw him smoke. Who am I…
Q: What’s your confession?