*Two weeks later*
I didn’t plan to disappear from this space for so long, but whenever I had a free moment the last thing I wanted to do was bust out my computer. I now know what it’s like to want nothing to do with technology at the end of the day.
I go from work, where I stare at a computer all day (I do have a standing desk though, so that’s a big fat sugary win) to my house where I then stare at the computer for school work. Needless to say when I have some free time I am outside starting at trees.
So what have I been up to the last two weeks?
—I got to meet Annie, her sweet partner Kel, and her adorable pup Ike. We had lunch, and walked around a lovely Seattle lake. We chatted like old friends and she gifted me the most adorable painted photo of Ike. What really sold the deal was when she suggested the photo below. She’s good people…and those curls are too legit.
—I made an executive decision to do 90% of my shopping at thrift stores in an attempt to further expand my minimalistic mind. I was able to find some solid wins. The other 10% is usually at REI, they always suck me in.
—My camping compadre Jessica and I escaped to Mount Zion yesterday. She’s the kind of girl that keeps you grounded, the kind that you just need in your life. Always a fun adventure with that one. This trip didn’t involve stripping and spooning, so it was much more casual than our last adventure.
—I bought and returned two new Garmin watches. I just couldn’t let go of my original true love. I now have the mindset of “earning back” $440 so I will probably spend that on camping gear.
—I had two awesome solo hikes where I found myself mesmerized by a lake at the end of each of them. I looked like Mowgli when he first met Kaa, only the lake wasn’t singing to me. I went to Annette Lake and Snow Lake. Snow lake always steals the show though.
This is the kind of view that has you questioning why there are people in the world that dislike being outdoors. I found a dime on this hike which makes for the second time I’ve found money while hiking.
Annette lake it great too, but not nearly as photogenic. I did however encounter an extinct inter-species love affair. Only in the woods…
— I didn’t run a single time, and loved every moment of it.
— I ate a non vegan cinnamon roll and loved every moment of that too.
— I finished and started two semesters for school in a matter of a few days. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
— I spend 10 days with Gizmo the cow dog and was like a 12 yr old child when reunited with my cat. #catladyforlife.
—Went against everything I said in my opening paragraph and watched at least six hours of Netflix. Mindless computer time doesn’t count.
Q: What’s your current Netflix binge?