1. The last week of work I noticed an abnormal trend. The birds are singing at 330 am, and the sun is coming up at 430 am. Brace yourselves people, the earth is doing weird things.
2. I took time off of running the last two weeks and dove forehead first into yoga. My first run after two weeks off had me feeling like a blob. A cat blob.
3. Speaking of yoga, I’ve been getting my zen on at least three times a week and I wonder why I ever stopped. I’m going full on “woo woo” and meditating daily too. It’s been a total game changer for my mind.
4. I’ve decided that should I ever get my own dog (which I would like to have simply for mountain adventures) I’d like him to be black and white. Then we can match just like we were two eight year old girls.
5. I tend to go full on crunchy granola when the summer months hit, and this year has been no exception. No make up, minimal hair washing, eating cleaner, daydreams about living in a Winnebago and traveling the country. It’s awesome.
6. I have an obsession with lettuce and peanut butter. Separately of course, but I’ve also learned they aren’t so bad together.
7. I went camping over the weekend and it was a mix of misery, terror, and exhilaration. All at the same time. Blog post to come.
8. One of my regular “clients” is that cat blob shown above. She’s made a cameo on the blog many times, but she wasn’t comfortable with me sharing her morning routine. Until now. Whipped cream on a plate, if only we could all be so spoiled.
9. Almost lost all my morals at REI on Saturday. Went in to buy a forest pass for my hikes/camping, walked out with a new Patagonia fleece, a camping mug, and food I didn’t need. I held it together and put back the pair of Chacos I almost bought.
10. I finally jumped on board the Ben and Jerry train, but had to give it my own spin. The ice cream alone was fantastic, but adding self ground PB and granola to it gave my mouth the wildest party it’s had in a while.
Q: What’s your confession?