1. The last week of work I noticed an abnormal trend. The birds are singing at 330 am, and the sun is coming up at 430 am. Brace yourselves people, the earth is doing weird things.
2. I took time off of running the last two weeks and dove forehead first into yoga. My first run after two weeks off had me feeling like a blob. A cat blob.
3. Speaking of yoga, I’ve been getting my zen on at least three times a week and I wonder why I ever stopped. I’m going full on “woo woo” and meditating daily too. It’s been a total game changer for my mind.
4. I’ve decided that should I ever get my own dog (which I would like to have simply for mountain adventures) I’d like him to be black and white. Then we can match just like we were two eight year old girls.
5. I tend to go full on crunchy granola when the summer months hit, and this year has been no exception. No make up, minimal hair washing, eating cleaner, daydreams about living in a Winnebago and traveling the country. It’s awesome.
6. I have an obsession with lettuce and peanut butter. Separately of course, but I’ve also learned they aren’t so bad together.
7. I went camping over the weekend and it was a mix of misery, terror, and exhilaration. All at the same time. Blog post to come.
8. One of my regular “clients” is that cat blob shown above. She’s made a cameo on the blog many times, but she wasn’t comfortable with me sharing her morning routine. Until now. Whipped cream on a plate, if only we could all be so spoiled.
9. Almost lost all my morals at REI on Saturday. Went in to buy a forest pass for my hikes/camping, walked out with a new Patagonia fleece, a camping mug, and food I didn’t need. I held it together and put back the pair of Chacos I almost bought.
10. I finally jumped on board the Ben and Jerry train, but had to give it my own spin. The ice cream alone was fantastic, but adding self ground PB and granola to it gave my mouth the wildest party it’s had in a while.
Q: What’s your confession?
59 thoughts on “Early Morning Confessions”
I’m letting my four year old son watch lots of TV and play on the iPod so I can get on with some blogging!
I am taking him to a footie session later so I’m not all bad!!! 😀 xxx
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
Confession: When I’m riding my bike and I go over a bump with the arrows painted on it I pretend I just got a speed boost like in a racing video game.
HAHAHA I played Mario Kart last month with my siblings in Arizona for the first time in years, and those arrow boosts are the best.
I picture it in my head every damn time.
Bound to Be Me
What do you do for meditation? I’m curious if that might help me but I have never done anything like that before. Did you take a class to figure out how to do it? The dog in your picture, that looks just like my dog! He is an Australian Shepard mixed with a Blue Healer. My fast run is my dogs slow job. I seriously can’t keep up with him so it makes it really difficult to run with him.
Right now I use a guided meditation app called headspace. The first 10 sessions are free, and they are similar so I just replay them! It’s only 10 minutes day and it helps to give an idea of how to start!
I’ve run a few times with this dog, but he is quite slow. I end up dragging him after a mile and a half haha.
Bound to Be Me
Haha, what kind of dog is he? I might try the meditation app, thanks!
Similar to yours I believe, I asked once but forgot! He’s a blue heeled Aussie mix of some sort…I think. 🙈
Bound to Be Me
Yeah, I bet that’s close enough 🙂
kathy @ more coffee, less talky
YES to yoga! it’s so good for the mind, body and soul. i bought a $40 groupon to the local yoga studio near me and i went errday; it was so amazing to kumbi-ya shit away.
Oh yea, I get real into it. Chanting the ommmm and everything. Feels so good. Haha.
Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy
Seriously, what is going on with the light mornings? There are some very confused magpies in our garden at the moment and they are being too noisy because of it!
It’s nice, but also somewhat alarming haha. Not normal!!
It is no longer early morning, but here come the confessions nonetheless.
1. No matter how hard I try (and how hard that is, is often not) I cannot control my pizza intake. Thankfully there are no “all-you-can eat” pizza places around here (curse you Shakey’s Japan for starting me on that path)
2. It is a beautiful day outside, but if I had Netflix, I would probably binge watch all of Jessica Jones
3. I haven’t had my first cup of coffee yet and I can’t believe how coherently this is sounding.
4. I went out for Thai food yesterday and I already hooked again. I want some right now…..I wonder what a Thai breakfast is like?
5. I feel the need to improve my fashion…but I need someone to go shopping with me. I have improved my undergarments…but much less confident on picking things for the outside.
I feel you on the pizza, for me it’s anything with sugar. I’ve never had a Thai breakfast, but if it’s anything like their dinners I’m sold. The undergarment fashion had me laughing, fashion is overrated!
Your comments are always appreciated (as is your blog). As for fashion–it seems that in my circle, it matters. Maybe I need to expand my circle a little–but don’t knock underwear fashion–that rocks.
One other confession: I accidentally bought lactose free old cheese–and it tastes good.
REI is a DANGEROUS/fun place! LOL! 🙂 that cat is too cute! 🙂
So dangerous, but so wonderful.
Amy @ A Desert Girl
And I thought my cats were spoiled with their breakfast routine! They now tell me I have to up my game and serve them cream. Excited to read about your all-the-emotions camping trip.
Hahaha that cat…she makes me laugh.
Rach @ This Italian Family
I look forward to reading all about your camping trip!
Our dog is black & white so we totally have done family photos where we all match. All three of us in black & white. We took those photos in 2013 and they are still my favorite photos of the three of us! 🙂
They just have such an elegant feel with the black and white!
1. REI is an awesome soul stealing place of magic. I love it there. 2. B&Jerry’s non dairy ice cream is the bomb! 3. – my confession is that sometimes I have two lattes in one day. It’s unnecessary but makes my heart pretty happy.
Sometimes heart happiness is just what we need!
That cat is epic! 🙂
She’s a lovely ball of fluff!
REI, the place you go in for one thing and come out with EVERYTHING! haha its a dangerously fun place. Glad I am not the only one noticing the sunrise is happening earlier than usual, I’ve been telling myself its a sign from the universe to do a sunrise hike haha.
Everyone says Target is the place to walk out with everything, but for me it’s REI! Haha. Yassss to a sunrise hike!
My confession is that my computer was hacked and I almost helped the hackers. Hopefully getting the $250 back…it was a rough night =(
Omg nooooo!!! I’m so sorry.
The Earth is doing interesting things…it’s actually foggy and (slightly cold) here in LA…in June…not complaining though!
Have to try your B&J’s combo! Maybe with their plain vanilla flavor so it’s not too much of a flavor overload, haha.
I do want to read about #7 though!!
I love flavor overload 🙈
Kristy from Southern In Law
330am? That is a SERIOUSLY early. Not cool, mother nature!
Ummm… and why haven’t I tried lettuce and peanut butter? I’m the girl who could eat an entire head of lettuce and eats peanut butter with a spoon (because fingers don’t pick up enough pb, haha) so this is totally my jam!
Haha!!! So jazzed someone is intrigued.
I felt weird for being the only noticing the weird daylight happenings – glad to know I’m not alone. I currently just downed a clif builder bar, which I’m trying to cut down on, and it was glorious! Keeping my own eyes out for a Patagonia!
Those builder bars are so good, but they make me feel like death. 😫
Josie @ Literature Mistress
I definitely noticed the birds recently – they’re a pain! I really don’t need these winged creatures to start screaming “Fuck me!” – “No, fuck me!” at each other in the middle of the night, thankyouverymuch!
Hahaaaaahaha and that’s exactly what’s they’re saying. 😂
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
Lolol! I never thought about getting a dog that would match my outfits, but I’m totally loving that idea. And yes… birds start singing around 3:30… which is about 30 mins after the coyotes do their crazy songs.
Ahhh Coyotes singing to the birds. For breakfast.
I love the cat blob and your adorable matching pooch. In fact, I’m a fan of all your clients, and I do believe I would prefer them over other people. Oops, did I say that?
Granola and ice cream: game changer indeed.
I prefer them over people, proudly. 😂
Rachael @ Catch Me If You Can
that cat is so fat!!!!! and black and white dogs are the best they go with every outfit 🙂 my confession is im in atlantic city…sitting in my hotel room being a boring old person and not doing anything…dont judge me too harshly 😉
The question is though, is that what you WANT to be doing? If yes then there is no harm!
I’ve missed these confession posts! They’re probably some of my favorites. 🙂 I can’t wait to hear more about your camping trip though! My confession is… I’m terrified of cats. Literally terrified. I’m more afraid of cats than spiders. And I’ve nearly cried when they’ve rubbed up against my leg while purring. 🙈 When I was in high school, I watched my friend’s cat while he and his parents went away for the holidays. The cat was literally bipolar, so she clawed my leg and drew blood (through my pants!) while purring as I gently petted her. I’ve been scared to death of cats since then!
HAHAHA omg Amy! I just laughed so hard, and pictured the car rubbing. It’s ok…I’m terrified of slugs which can’t even hurt me, cats can be viscous so you’re totally justified! I’ll remember never to bring one around you. 😝
Whew, I don’t feel so bad anymore!! I’ve been carrying around that secret since you started your blog years and years ago… I was hoping you wouldn’t hate me for it! 😉
NEVER! Hahaaa. I’m often among the minority with my love for cats, I’m used to it. 😝
Isn’t yoga the best? I always feel better (mentally and physically) after stepping off the mat. It’s like a breath of fresh air! Also, love the picture of the cat blob! I am jealous of her b-fast. You should totally get a black and white dog, too 🙂
I’ve been hearing great things about the Ben and Jerry’s non-dairy. I’ll have to check it out! Also, can’t wait to hear about your camping adventures next!
That ice cream was like pure bliss. Sososo good.
An Unrefined Vegan
My confession is that AT THIS VERY MOMENT I’m stuffing my face w/ Ryvita crackers coated w/ Sunbutter and banana slices.
I’m sooo glad you’re back on the yoga train! Good for you, dear! Also, confession 5.. I do the saaaame thing. I even dress more ‘granola’ in the summers. And eat soooo much fruit. My confession is, I swept half my house last night and set the broom down and haven’t finished it yet haha.
Hahahaaaa! You can always pick it up again later. 😝
GiGi Eats Celebrities
THE CONFESSION ABOUT YOU….. GETTING A DOG.
I AM PEEING IN MY PANTS from laughter.
5 miles for your first run back is pretty dang good missy! Wish Todd would serve me whipped cream on a plate in the morning… oh wait- that’s a GiGi type answer, haha. I’d try PB on anything. My confession- I’ve eaten left over Father’s Day cake 3 times this week and now Todd has none left- oops!
Haha that sounds like me, leaving no cake for anyone else!