I like to visit Costco AT LEAST once every week and a half, sometimes every week. When I go I have a list, and I rarely deviate from it. I buy my produce in bulk because I eat enough of it to be confused with a growing teenage boy. Costco = happy wallet.
Normally when I walk down the candy/chocolate/cookie/junk aisle, I don’t have to worry because everything is jam packed with milk chocolate, and other fun ingredients I can’t pronounce. This makes it easy to stay away from them. However, once in a while I am surprised by a vegan friendly treat that almost literally jumps out at me.
The bag is nearly empty because I flew through it in like…a couple days. I needed an alternative to these enrobed (I just need to use this word, it sounds slightly scandalous) mangoes, and it just so happens that I’ve been obsessing over a random smoothie creation with only 3 simple ingredients (water doesn’t count.) Don’t let the ingredients fool you..this smoothie tastes like a creamy dessert. I was mind blown.
Mango Banana Smoothie
- 1 overripe/frozen banana (the key is to let your banana get REALLY ripe, and then freeze.)
- 1 HEAPING cup (about 16 pieces) frozen organic mangoes
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Let your banana and mangoes sit out for 20-30 minutes until they are soft, but still frozen. If you want to pre-peel your banana feel free, I leave the peel on until I’m ready to use it. I know my banana is thawed enough when I can easily peel it.
- Pour your ingredients into a high speed blender starting with the liquids.
- Blend until smooth.
I don’t think smoothies ever really need a “recipe” and I feel a bit silly posting this as one, but this is for those of you that thrive off of precision. For realllll though, mangoes are naturally so thick and creamy that this smoothie tastes so much like a dessert. The only thing missing is some chocolate…
Problem solved. A wonderful pairing for these brownies. This smoothie has become a daily occurrence, and I am one step closer to being ready for spring!
Q: Do you like tropical smoothies? I used to be a berry smoothie fanatic, but I am now a tropical believer!