Sometimes when I have a day off from work, I like to make myself a legit breakfast. Yesterday was no exception. Below are some of the best pancakes I have ever created..hands down. I don’t make pancakes often, but when I do I go big. I’ve done classic pancakes, I’ve done pumpkin pancakes (I could eat pumpkin pancakes every day), but this time I wanted something different…something new..something…chocolate.
Brownie Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (and then some more after everything is combined)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 AND 1/8 cup of whole wheat flour (just go with this, my math skills suck)
- 1/8 cup vanilla rice protein
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tblsp raw sugar
- pinch of salt
- Mix milk, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, protein, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Add the liquid mix to the dry mix and stir until well mixed. You will need a bit more milk at this stage because they batter came out a bit thick. Add enough milk to thin the batter a bit.
- Scoop mix onto a lightly greased skillet and cook one side until you can easily slide a spatula underneath to flip. Same for the other side.
I was not expecting these pancakes to taste like brownies, but they did. Hence the name brownie pancakes. I thought they would taste like chocolate, but I didn’t realize I would be face planting into a pile of dessert for breakfast. These were amazing.
These were gooey, delicious, and perfect for one person. I gobbled up every last bite of these brownie like cakes. I’ll be adding this recipe to my mental cookbook. In the end, the first photo with the dark plate turned out to be my favorite. Go figure.
Q: What’s your favorite pancake flavor?