Does that title intrigue you? If not..you do not have a soul. I’ve left this non vegan recipe on my recipe page, simply because these were the best non vegan cookies I had ever made. For a vegan version of these cookies click here.
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups whole wheat flower
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips–one dark chocolate, one white chocolate (and then some)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted coconut oil, brown sugar and raw sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, and eggs until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
You will know I made the cookies when the chip to dough ratio is abnormal. More chips please! My mom seems to think she made a baking monster out of me..in reality it was blogging that did it!
I was proud of the fact that I didn’t eat the cookie dough while waiting for these to bake. I ALWAYS eat at least half the dough..and regret it later. Seriously..I end up feeling like Jabba the Hutt..not to mention I hadn’t had any real food for the evening so exnay on the ookiedoughcay.
Dessert first, dinner second.
Color’s of the wind wrapped into a tortilla. Make these cookies today, you won’t be disappointed.