1. My skin has been an absolute troll this winter, but I cannot blame my largest organ alone for it’s rebellious ways. By avoiding sugar and grains I’ve been able to begin balancing out the dryness, along with some help from a superlative skin balm.
I’ve also been doing weird things like blending carrots and broccoli and lathering it all over my face. Ain’t nobody got time for chemical laden face masks.
2. Two of my bathrooms are currently being renovated, leaving the showers in both of them inaccessible. I dabbled in the idea of not showering for a few days, but decided this was not the best approach for making friends. I’ve had to shower at the gym, which is fine, but I was not aware that they do not provide regular towels (they charge $2 – hard pass).
Instead I gathered multiple mini towels to dry myself off because, free.
3. My hair has reached a length I quite enjoy. Showering at the gym is easy because I wash it maybe once a week and feel like I’m winning at life being able to do this. Also, I find my lazy eye to be prominent when I make the below face. No shame.
4. In my last post I mentioned how I was in my second to last semester of school. Well, things changed and I decided to adjust my schedule from full time to part time this semester. To help balance my stress out this was the right move. I have seven classes left, but I’m in no rush.
5. I report with a heavy heart that my dear friend Gizmo is peacefully being sent onto his next adventure today. He has reached a time in his life where he is having multiple health issues and due to his age and suffering, his dad decided it was time to bring him to peace. I spent one final weekend with him last week, and am so thankful I was able to go on one more walk with him.
We were still matching. Rest in peace my friend, you’ve brought much joy to my life even when you were too needy. What can I say, dogs love me.
6. Despite the above loss, I’ve been having the best week. This has been the kind of week where you spew happiness and positive vibes onto every one around you. Shout out to yoga, meditation, and avoiding grains and sugar.
Ohh to have an autoimmune disorder. 🙂
7. I’ve been fascinated by frosted plants lately. The way the frost accentuates the life lines of leaves is like natures x-ray, helping the human eye get a glimpse of such a complex food making machine.
From my Instagram on the above photo: Today feels like an intensified October morning. The sun is shining bright, but frost cloaks over the land like a tight squeeze from your grandma. The cold air bites my face with a sharpness similar to well aged cheese, but without the fear of what’s to come in winter because winter is already here. The cold air today brings no angst like it might in October, just excitement for what’s to come in the spring. I can’t imagine living somewhere without all four seasons, I love it here.
8. I did some more planning for my Ireland trip this week. Aside from Clifs of Moher another outdoor highlight will be stepping foot onto Skellig Michael, an island off the southwest end of the country. Aka where Luke and Rey are in the final scene of The Force Awakens. I can’t, I just can’t.
9. I got a new phone, which meant I needed a new phone case. This is in no way sponsored by Caseapp, I just legit love that I can take one of my own photos and put it on a case. I took a photo from this adventure and now whenever I look at my phone I am reminded of this weekend getaway.
10. Speaking of the above camping trip, the girl that convinced me to go that weekend, my tried and true hiking partner, has started a blog! I could not be more thrilled. Her first post chronicles an attempted camping trip to the Brothers, a twin peaked mountain in the Olympics.
Her story telling is great, and I felt like I was with her on the adventure. My favorite line from her story is, “At 5:30pm, I rolled back over to face my dad. It was still raining and he was passing the time by sitting there with his reading glasses on, reading his bible. I began laughing hysterically. I had known his pack was heavy but now visible saw why. He had packed his whole room…”
Go check it out, and give her some blogland love!
Q: What’s your confession?