The last month I’ve been trying to live my life with less fear. Less fear of the unknown, less fear about the future, less fear about not knowing ABOUT the future, less fear about dancing in public with strangers, less fear about letting go of control, and so much more.
Fear does nothing but hold me back, and I’m ready to move forward. I’ve realized life is too short to always stand in the shadows, and taking leaps of faith are a must. I could ramble on for days about this, but you get the idea, and I promise I am going somewhere with this.
Something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, but have been afraid to jump into, is changing my blog to a self hosted site. I started this blog two years ago with hopes of connecting with people, and if I’m being honest..to get FREE STUFF! I’ve received my fair share of things, but now I want more. I want to look at my blog like a proud mother cat looks at her kitten and thinks, “I just birthed you..you’re beautiful.”
The part that scares me is messing it up. I want to make the switch on my own, and I fear losing everything. I want to do the work myself, because that will make me the most proud. Designs and fancy bells can come later, but I want to do as much myself as I can. So here’s where you guys come it! A lot of my readers have self hosted sites and I need to pick your brains! I want your brain inside of mine..in a less morbid sounding way.
- What website did you go through? I’m looking at Bluehost.
- What was the best reason for making the switch for you?
- Did you notice any major changes? Of any kind.
- Did you loose your readers?
- Were you able to keep your blog looking the way it way? I kinda like my simple look.
- Was it easy to figure out how to add advertising to your page?
- How did you collect $$ from advertising, PayPal?
- Was it worth the work?
- Will it be easy to figure out how to export/save all my content?
- I use WordPress, will my home page be the same and will writing my posts be the same?
I’ve done some research, but also want opinions straight from the sources: you guys. I’ve been a slave to YouTube tutorials, and have a good idea of what to do, but I still want some input from my readers that have made the switch on their own as well!
Pleaseeee share with me any tips and tricks you have about making the switch, and I will love you forever. The time has come, and I feel ready..hurry and help me before I change my mind and settle back into my comfort spot!! 🙂
Q: Are you self hosted? HELP ME!