We have all been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It breaks our overnight fasting, and jump starts our day. On days that I am able to casually wake up, I like to make a breakfast fit for a nutrient craving king.
The plate must start with half fruit.
Then add protein.
Lastly add the pleasurable item of the meal, because what is a good meal without something to indulge in.
ALWAYS save the best for last. Even if it’s just one bite.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add coconut oil and mix until dough resembles a crumb like texture.
- Add milk and stir with fork until the dough pulls away from the bowl.
- Roll, knead, and love the dough on a floured surface until no longer sticky. Roll into a log.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Cut dough log into 1/2 inch thick pieces, or larger if you desire, and place onto the baking sheet. Spray or rub olive oil on the tops of the biscuits and put into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.