1. Remember the Grinch that tried to steal Christmas, only to be shocked when the people of Whoville came together stronger than ever? Even without their gifts? Yeah, that just happened in Boston. Runners unite, even without their medals.
2. I have separation issues. Specifically with clothing, I recently gave away some too big race shirts, and old work shirts, and it was like giving away a piece of my soul.
I did keep four TJ’s shirts…baby steps.
3. My running has been below average lately. I blame this on the fact that my knee is killing me. The bizarre part is that it’s not the knee that was hurting me before my last half marathon. Whatever, they are trying to take me down..damn knees.
4. On sunny days I like to spoil my children and let them outside. It’s like Christmas in April for these furry boys.
He got so dirty I soon regretted my decision.
5. That jungle cat in the above picture has a new name: Richard Parker. Simply because I was so blown away by the movie Life Of Pi that I now call my cat by this name. This movie rocked my world so hard I couldn’t stop thinking about it for days…
6. I love nature…like a lot. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before.
7. I’ve been obsessing over burritos lately. Better yet burritos with the entire kitchen mashed inside. Newest obsession: Beets inside the burrito.
8. Last night I combined a store discount along with a coupon to get $2.00 off, making my total $1.99. Couponing at it’s finest.
9 and 10. While I haven’t been running A LOT I have still been running, and I was given some gels to try out on one of my longer runs. I’ve tried GU Gels, Shot Bloks, Chia Surge, and now Huma gels, a chia energy gel. I love chia seeds so I happily accepted the gels in exchange for my honest review.
This is a new company, and I am all for supporting small businesses. They have two flavors right now, strawberry and apple cinnamon. I have to admit that I am not a fan of fruity flavored gels like this, so the strawberry was not my jam. I did however LOVE the apple cinnamon gel. The flavor was amazing and I would eat it with my oatmeal or toast before a run, if not straight from the packet.
The texture was smooth, perfect for those of you skeeved out by chia seeds and their gelatinous texture when wet. I was surprised when I couldn’t even tell the seeds were in the mix. I would definitely buy the apple cinnamon gel again for my longer runs. Delicious AND nutritious.
Click photo to be taken to the website.
You don’t have to be a runner to enjoy these gels, these are perfect for any cardio like activity. If you’re interested in trying these gels, and supporting a small new business you can use the discount code: BLISSFULBRITT for 10% off until April 30th!
Q: What’s your morning confession?