Breakfast Of Champions

We have all been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It breaks our overnight fasting, and jump starts our day. On days that I am able to casually wake up, I like to make a breakfast fit for a nutrient craving king.

The plate must start with half fruit.

Apple and orange

Then add protein.

Eggs and peanut butter

Lastly add the pleasurable item of the meal, because what is a good meal without something to indulge in.

Morning star sausage patty with sharp cheddar on a homemade biscuit

ALWAYS save the best for last. Even if it’s just one bite.

Homemade biscuits

• 2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup milk
  1. Preheat oven to 450.
  2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add coconut oil and mix until dough resembles a crumb like texture.
  3. Add milk and stir with fork until the dough pulls away from the bowl.
  4. Roll, knead, and love the dough on a floured surface until no longer sticky. Roll into a log.
  5. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Cut dough log into 1/2 inch thick pieces, or larger if you desire, and place onto the baking sheet. Spray or rub olive oil on the tops of the biscuits and put into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Breakfast Of Champions

1. Lou says:

Nice, plate, niiiiiice. Again with the ‘biscuit’ term… I would call that either an ‘English Muffin’ or we have these things call ‘Muffin Splits,’ that look like that. Nothing to do with a sweet muffin though. It’s just all so confusing! But also fascinating all these language quirks between countries.

As long as it tastes good!!

• Brittany says:

Bahaha an English muffin to me is more of a soft bready member of the bagel family almost. I do find it interesting that we call similar foods such different terms!! Either way yes…as long as it tastes good and booyyy it did!

You, my friend, are the breakfast queen!

3. Oh tasty! I would certainly spend more time eating that most important meal of the day looking at that good stuff. It looks delish!

4. definetly an epic breakfast! Looks great!

5. Mmm this is definitely a breakfast of champions, even my boyfriend looked delighted by your sausage patty and homemade biscuits when I just clicked on here! :-P
    Breakfast is definitely my favourite meal of the day :-)

6. glidingcalm says:

mmm i love sausage! and i love biscuits! but i usually eat both separately!! that is totally my kind of plate too- a lil bit of errthang!

7. This is a rather glorious breakfast Britt! Interesting recipe with the coconut oil… my mom lovessss her some biscuits so I may try this recipe this weekend!

8. myhighonlife says:

MMMM I am not really a big breakfast food person but I HAVE to eat in the morning so I usually just have eggs. This looks delicious :)

9. raceready says:

I always save the best for last too. :-)

10. that biscuit looks amazing!!! i have a weakness for biscuits! ahhh

11. gorgeous plate. i’ve been craving oranges all day (i crave oranges and salt when sick!). but it’s snowing now, so i can’t run out to the store for an orange or juice. therefore, i’ll live vicariously through your picture!

12. pbbrittany says:

Yummy..I’ve already had breakfast but I think it’s time for round two. :P

13. B says:

That looks like an amazing way to start the day!

This does look like a wonderful breakfast! Mmmmm….so full of variety too—the nutrition teacher in me is really proud of the nutrient profile :-)

15. Krystie says:

I love having a great breakfast it always kick starts my day! Great looking plate :)

16. Nice breakfast! And im loving the biscuit recipe, I’ve never tried making my own biscuits with coconut oil but will have to try these out!

17. amy41143 says:

I always save the best for last too! I can eat biscuits with every single meal and the fact that they are so easy to make is dangerous..

18. Simply Life says:

oh those homemade biscuits look incredible! nice work!

19. You now what looks just as good as those muffins, that peanut butter!
    But seriously those biscuits/muffins look like they’re amazing! I LOVE coconut butter that you introduced me to :) It’s so…. wonderful.

20. That little biscuit sandwich looks sooo good! I just found your blog today and was reading some of your other posts and you are hilarious!!

(Also my husband says “pics or it didn’t happen” probably 5 times a day. lol)

21. Josie says:

That looks so good! Yum!! Breakfast is by far the best meal of the day!

22. I love the breakdown of your plate :) Biscuits would definitely be high on my list for that final special bite. Yours look delicious! PS: I have a giveaway going on that I think you’ll be in to!

23. Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog says:

Your breakfast looks delicious! :)

24. that is the breakfast of champions!!! i wanna make homemade biscuits!!!

25. kat says:

Love this post :) I must say I’m a huge fan of breakkfast sandwhiches, which is probably why I always make an egg bagel in the morning!