My baking journey began by recreating these for a co-worker, due to a lost wager..I don’t want to talk about it. Actually I don’t mind losing when I get to bake for people, so it was a win-win in my book. Click that link for the recipe, but here are some pictures of the process.
These are… phenomenal! I took them out of the oven a bit early because I like mine really gooey, plus there aren’t eggs or dairy so you don’t have to worry about undercooking! You’d NEVER know that there are 3 cups of shredded zucchini in these! They are almost gone, due to my sticky fingers and the plate of love for my co-worker.
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 11 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, coconut oil, and flour, combine until mixture resembles wet sand. While mixing, add cocoa, zucchini, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined. Add water and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the brownies are set.